The Veterans Crisis Line connects veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.
Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Resources for Veterans and Family Members
- Vet Centers – Discuss how you feel with other Veterans in these community-based counseling centers. 70% of Vet Center staff are Veterans. Call 1-877-927-8387 or find one near you.
- Veterans Crisis Line – If you are having thoughts of suicide, call 1-800-273-8255, then PRESS 1 or visit http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
- For emergency mental health care, you can also go directly to your local VA medical center 24/7 regardless of your discharge status or enrollment in other VA health care.
- VA Women Veterans Call Center – Call or text 1-855-829-6636 (M-F 8AM – 10PM & SAT 8AM – 6:30PM ET)
- VA Caregiver Support Line – Call 1-855-260-3274 (M-F 8AM – 10PM & SAT 8AM – 5PM ET)
- Download VA’s self-help apps – Tools to help deal with common reactions like, stress, sadness, and anxiety. You can also track your symptoms over time.
- VA Mental Health Services Guide – This guide will help you sign up and access mental health services.
- MakeTheConnection.net – information, resources, and Veteran to Veteran videos for challenging life events and experiences with mental health issues.
- Vets4Warriors – 1-855-838-8255
- Wounded Warrior Project – Need someone to talk to? Connect with your peers. Call 888.WWP.ALUM (997.2586) or visit https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
- Veteran Wellness Alliance – Need help or want to talk? Check In or call:1-630-522-4904 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code of Support 1-571-418-6339 press 1
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation Hidden Heroes – Join the Community or call 202-249-7170
- American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network – Peer Support and Mentoring or call the Hero Care Network at 1-877-272-7337
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) – Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors (TAPS) Is Here For You! or call 800-959-TAPS (8277)
- Travis Manion Foundation – 1-215-348-9080 or email email@example.com
- America’s Warrior Partnership 1-866-AWPVETS
- RallyPoint – Talk to other Veterans online. Discuss: What are your feelings as the Taliban reclaim Afghanistan after 20 years of US involvement?
- Together We Served –Find your battle buddies through unit pages
- Team Red, White & Blue – Hundreds of events weekly. Find a chapter in your area.
- Student Veterans of America – Find a campus chapter to connect with.
- Independence Fund
- Blue Star Families
- ETS Sponsorship
- Boulder Crest
- Cohen Veterans Network
- Team Rubicon
- The American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans Charity (DAV)
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA)
Contact them 24/7/365 by calling 855-91RAPID (855-917-2743) or digitally at www.quickreaction force.org
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Vietnam Veterans of America